Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reflection/Synopsis of Jenga 2.0 Critique

This past Fridays critiques demonstrated a variety of creative designs made completely unique from one project to the next due to the different people, processes and concept words. Kacie Leisure carried out her concept word of “well up” within interesting patterns of stacking and repetition, whereas Faith Ramsey created a cave-like space in pushing and subtracting elements to fit her concept word “protrude”. I saw many excellent board ideas that worked well to highlight the most important information in understanding projects such as Dajana Nedic’s Axonometric, cascading vertically down the side of her board. As always, presentations are a great time to take away inspiration from other’s techniques. For this past project I was inspired by Sharon Frazier’s model making technique in which she builds a frame out of basswood and coats it with a clean white Bristol board delivering a very crisp looking model. Kara Kooy’s craft in this past critiques model though was definitely attention worthy though especially in checking out her stairs. Overall in observing other’s layouts, I plan to use computer graphics for my plan drawings next time around in addition to printing out a board as I saw the presentations with these tow components to be some of the strongest and most readable. In such a short amount of time, some major planning must be taken into account in order to achieve results amounting to the excellent examples I saw of Friday. I had some major weaknesses in my project that I know were clear and will work to improve, but at the same time each critique I have taken away inspiration from others strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment