Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Designer Bio + Goals

Entering into the spring semester of my second year in the IARC program I have a more specific understanding of my short-term and long-term goals. From the fall semester of my first year in the program to current day this outlook has been molded with the more experience and knowledge I gain. I hope that my goals and ideas will continue to reshape throughout this semester also as I continue discovering.

Although there are various underlying standards I hike up for my own design and process, the goals I describe narrow these self-achievements I believe I could gain more of or improve upon for the semester. Managing the appropriate amount of time beyond the required amount for each project is a major goal of mine I could meet more easily through better organization. In my experiences so far I get a lot more out of the project I bring closet to my personal satisfaction. With pressing deadlines it can be easy to halt your ideas from germinating to their utmost potential, which automatically takes a toll on the process of a project. With better use of my time hopefully I can produce to a new standard. Its all about the particulars in the end. I would also like to strive for innovation on my own level. Through producing my own answers fully in a process, I can hopefully learn about my ideas and answer the questions that arrive regardless of whether or not someone else has encountered a similar challenge or documented their own answer. The process of arriving at an idea adds a lot more value to the overall discovery of a budding thought.

In terms of my own style though, our class completed the “Change Style Indicator” exercise this past Monday, which placed me in a moderate mix of a true pragmatist and strong originator. Although I could very well just list the benefits of both, the way I see it is that there are strengths and weaknesses in every kind of person let alone designer being mindful of both is crucial. My greatest goal is to reach equilibrium in the strengths of my ideas, results, skills, and designs.



The illustration above is some watercolor and ink labeled "unraveling the solution" . I was inspired to show ideas and questions blossom into something else. There is light bulbs, lips, a staircase, and a plethora of questions waiting to be developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment