Tuesday, April 13, 2010

People, Places

Although I could use plenty of improvement, I love to draw people. Over the past two years even more so. Last year I took a figure drawing class which i think helped me out a bit, but only practice make perfect. I think over the past year i may have improved upon being discrete in going unnoticed while drawing these friends and strangers.  Here are a few sketches, of different people in different places, time spent on each is pretty varied. 


A classmate of mine just happened to be sitting in front of me during a rather boring lecture, i mean...


Some girls from the UNCG Tennis team cheering on their teammate, a story of a day and a mood behind it. 


Poor rachel was bled though by the markers used in "girls of uncg tennis"! lesson learned. Above is a friend of mine failing at being studious. 
 

Planes can take alot of time waiting, good thing I brought my sketchbook.



Stuck in a layover I sketched this bored looking man relatively fast. I bet he is a very nice individual, but the way I sketched him (from my perspective he really did look like the above image) he looks, well rather..peculiar.  Caught in a moment.


I took my friend Rachel back home to DC with me for spring break...which meant doing alot of the sight seeing and alot of walking. On the metro at the end of our excursions, apparently this man had a exhausting day as well.



Back home, on ze metro...some ladies conversing by the doors. It was rush hour, aka no seats.

At a meeting, some faces came out angular, and odd.

1 comment: