Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Creating unity through negative space







A side view demonstrating the aspect of a transparent space. I enjoy the fact I can peer from one end of my project to the other. 






Front View, waving in and out,  creating negative space. The base is foam core 12x12. It was styrofoam but that looked much more, messy.





The plan view of the final project. Using 12 bamboo skewers and 12 4x6 bristol board cards on a 12x12 base to be exact. My goal was to create a unified structure through negative space, and although the plan view does not display this characteristic of my project like any front or side view would, I still enjoy the space this top view makes.




What to do with cards and skewers..?! Above image displays some sketchbook brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment