Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Maps

For this project I was instructed to place the Atrium town house of Pompeii, the Boston Public Library, Finnish Pavilion, and Osterley House into a map consisting in the forms of 2D, 3D, word, and paragraph. The below photos show how i translated this task. The Atrium town house was an obvious choice in my opinion as a 3D demonstration seemed to me the only way to "map out" this structual component so important to architecture, even thought of as only of the earlier forms of air conditioning. Keeping this in mind, my 3D form shelters the project. Theres alot to be said about each of these structures, but the context of learning in the Boston Public Library is what drove me to place this particular stucture in paragraph form. The word was challenging because it was just broad. Filligree, such a fanciful term is the first word that comes to mind when I think about the ornate roccoco style of Adams Osterley Park. Lastly that great wave of structure Alvar Aalto is had to sum up with out a straight visual guidance. Built separately, mapped together






No comments:

Post a Comment